I am more than the sum of my broken parts:


"and I will take this wound and all the wounds beneath and I'll wash them with my tears... watch my metamorphosis... blackness in my belly I'm not scared of you anymore for my wounds are the soil in which I grow... I will not lie down... I am more than the sum of my broken parts"



So the healing narrative on my baby dress is finally finished. I am pleased with the scrawly writing, as if written urgently in the dark by hands shaky with grief but resolve. Threads hang like tears. Maybe I am more than the sum of broken parts... 

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely thing of art you have created - real poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw a link to this on Pinterest. I am an art therapist in Melbourne, Australia. Beautiful work and good luck raising funds for your study.

    ReplyDelete